While the broader challenges for SCADA industry within utilities and Oil & Gas remain similar, factors such as process criticality, communication and security over larger geographical areas and scalability vary widely within these industries.
The 6th annual SCADA Asia Summit in Kuala Lumpur, February 2014 will capture the trends, challenges and opportunities through practical case studies from leading Oil & Gas and Utilities from Asia and Australia.
Brand New Case studies & New SCADA Technologies presented for the First Time:
- Developing appropriate network architectures: US Department of Energy
- Adopting IEC-61850 SCADA architecture: Mumbai Transmission Project: Reliance
- Integrating SCADA data from 34 water treatment plants into the BI universe: Sydney Water
- SCADA for real-time operations in large scale E & P: RTOC, ONGC India
- Countering cyberphysical threats by integration of video surveillance with existing SCADA: Pakistan Petroleum
- Handling transmission overload: Saudi Electricity
- SCADA master - RTU communications in Distributed Network Protocol (DNP 3): Water Corporation of Western Australia
- Scalable SCADA network in an environment of multiple architectures: SCADA Reintegration Project, GAIL India
- Roadmap for enhanced security at multiple levels: Jemena Electricity Network
- Corporate data practices for increased SCADA/DMS functional reliability in utilities: Ergon Energy
- SCADA master and SCMS/RTUs in a Serial SCADA Protocol (IEC 101): TRANSCO
- Round Table Discussion: Passive Wireless Sensor Tags (PWST) in Oil & Gas SCADA systems
Pre Conference Workshop & Site Visit: Tuesday, 25 February 2014
Workshop A: Black Hat SCADA and Cyberphysical Security Threats: the Changing Demands of SCADA
Site Visit: Master Control Center – Distribution at Tenaga Nasional Berhad HQ, Bangsar, Malaysia
Post Conference Workshops: Friday, 28 February 2014
Workshop B: How to Efficiently Manage Substation Automation and Increase Scalability
Workshop C: Planning and Specifying a Dependable SCADA System for Modern Electricity Distribution
The summit will present you with streamed focused presentations and case studies from 12 major Oil & Gas and 12 major utilities from across Asia and Australia.
Stream A: SCADA O & G - Developing Process Critical SCADA for O & G Applications
Key emerging trends presented include:
- Cloud-based services in Oil & Gas assets
- Reliability in alarm management
- Integration of real time operations in large scale Oil & Gas SCADA operations
- Scalability and flexibility for future expansion
- Communication protocol testing and auditing of SCADA systems
- Remote monitoring of multiple Oil & Gas assets
Presented by SCADA/Instrumentation & Control Engineering experts from leading Oil & Gas firms, the stream is meant for SCADA practitioners from all industries – to understand the evolving trends in SCADA systems and their redundancies in process critical applications.
Stream B: SCADA Utilities - Ensuring Scalability and Operational Efficiency of SCADA for Utilities
Key emerging trends presented include:
- Handling data generation and HMI challenges
- Smart applications for field SCADA
- Centralise or decentralise data/servers for utility SCADA
- Migration to DNP3 and similar protocols
- Developing flexible network architecture without compromising security
- Security threats while increasing scalability
Attend the 6th annual SCADA Asia Summit, the only regional conference to improve your SCADA systems’ scalability, communicability and security.
Register today for maximum discounts and group booking benefits!
Who should attend 6th annual SCADA Asia Summit?
If you are:
from SCADA, Control systems, Instrumentation, Automation, Transmission & Distribution, Load Dispatch and System Integration from Oil & Gas and water & wastewater, power, gas utilities and transport service providers, you cannot miss attending the 6th annual SCADA Asia Summit.
What delegates thought of our past SCADA Asia conference:
"An extraordinary opportunity to network with the global experts in the field"- Senior Process Control Manager, CLP Power Hong Kong
“An excellent and informative venue to bring me up to date on regional SCADA works and experiences” –Senior Process Control Manager, CLP Power Hong Kong
“An excellent forum and opportunity for SCADA experts to network and to learn from each other”– Deputy Chief SCADA Engineer, Tenaga Nasional Bernad
A snapshot of companies that attended at our past SCADA Asia events:
- Public Utilities Board, Singapore
- Sarawak Energy Berhad
- The Government of the Hong Kong SAR- Water Supplies Department
- CEM - Companhia De Electricidade De Macau
- Qatar General Electricity & Water Corporation
- DSO National Laboratories, Singapore
- Emirates Aluminium
- SITA Waste Services Limited
- Gas Malaysia Berhad
- Water Corporation of Western Australia
- MTR Corporation Limited
- Saudi Aramco - Saudi Arabian Oil Company
- Origin Energy Petroleum Party Limited
- CLP Power Hong Kong Limited
- PT PLN Persero
- China Electric Power Research Institute
Contact us today to discuss how you can get involved at email@example.com or call +65 6722 9388 for more details.